Niceness is a necessity for your business. And, guess what? It is free. Here are some things you can do to make your business a little more friendly:
- Have the first contact someone makes with your company be a kind and friendly face. This first contact sets the first impression of your company. Make it a nice and friendly one.
- Get rid of employees who are rude and too cool to be nice to your customers. They create an environment of unfriendliness and only attract those of similar attitudes.
- Management must adopt this friendly approach and hire and train friendly faces to promote this culture within the business. If management fails to adopt "friendliness matters" as a principle, it simply won't happen.
- Being friendly to your customers doesn't mean you are a pushover. You can be friendly while still being hardcore about your bottom-line and not bending the rules.
- Don't blow anyone off. Let folks know you can't help them and be direct but do it with a smile. You never know who they know or if they will need you in the future.
- Take complaints and anger from customers with a calm approach, don't overact and lash out. Continue your pleasant attitude and don't let a few rotten apples get you down.
Remember, you just have to add a smile and a good attitude and it will attract customers to you.